Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
PRN Healthcare Technician - Phoenix - 4766 E. Queen Creek Road Gilbert AZ 85297
Job Title: PRN Healthcare Technician - Phoenix - 4766 E. Queen Creek Road Gilbert AZ 85297
Job Type: Per Diem (PRN)
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Site Location: Walgreens, Take Care Clinic
Responsible for creating an amazing,patient experience through patient acknowledgement and assistance in Take Care Clinics. The Healthcare Technician is visible at the front desk 85+% of the time and is responsible for the overall patient flow through the clinic and marketing activities for the clinic.
Position Essential Functions:
Operations: Ensures the smooth operations of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
* Greets patients with a smile and assists them through the registration process
* Extends a warm and caring approach to all our patients with a respect for the diversity of all patients
* Keeps patient informed of wait times and manages visit expectations
* Helps patients navigate the store and escorts patients to pharmacy counter
* Prepares patients in exam room for the NP/PA, to facilitate clinic patient flow, including:
* Collects and verifies all pertinent demographic data including insurance information, identification, and applicable consent forms, and scans them into the EMR.
* Informs patients of any applicable co-pay and forms of acceptable payment. Performs eligibility checks by using on-line or telephonic methods as needed.
* Assists in maintaining clinic cleanliness by cleaning exam rooms before and after patient use and at the end of the day and other duties as needed
* Ensures clinics uphold Take Care Clinic brand standards by posting only branded materials, and maintaining a clean and welcoming appearance
* Stocks clinics with needed supplies for patient care
* Facilitates timely closings of clinics and follows closing procedures
* Performs other duties as determined by the Clinic Coordinator or Market Manager
* Completes the MC/MA daily check off list and reviews with Provider at end of day.
Quality Care:Performs clinical tasks and activities as delegated to ensure quality care is delivered and patient safety is maintained
* Performs vital signs and point-of-care testing as requested by the provider
* Assists Providers in processing documentation related to patient care
* Elevates patient concerns/immediate patient care needs immediately to the Provider on duty in the clinic
* Monitors patient waiting area for cleanliness and safety issues.
* Reviews and documents in the EMR, the patient’s allergies, medication list, family, medical and social history. All documentation must be reviewed and confirmed by the provider at the time of the visit.
* Advocates services ( range of sick services, flu-shots, vaccines, sports/camp physicals) Ensures all patients are asked to complete customer satisfaction survey
* Generates customer and employee awareness of the clinic and its services in the store and pharmacy by disseminating marketing materials and talking to customers and store employees. Ensures marketing materials are visible throughout the store.
* Floats the market and adjusts schedule to meet market needs
* Participates in a collegial fashion with all Take Care Clinic colleagues
* Attends scheduled orientations and participates in ongoing training as required
* Effectively communicates team needs to Market Manager to deliver superior service to our patients
* Embraces our culture, commitments, core focus and company vision
* Fosters positive relationships with Store/Pharmacy managers and staff
* Additional duties as assigned
* Must have a desire to make a positive difference in every patient’s life by providing exceptional patient care, and a desire to help achieve Take Care Health Systems’ business objectives
* High School diploma/GED required, college degree with emphasis in Marketing, Service/Hospitality preferred
* Experience delivering exceptional customer service (1 or more years of demonstrated customer service experience preferred)
* Comfortable navigating web based applications, sites; ability to troubleshoot basic computer issues, knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Current CPR certification
* Completed drug screen, TB test, and Hepatitis B vaccination prior to hire
* Outgoing, warm, personality a must .
* Medical Assistant (MA) Certification by the American Academy of Medical Assistant, American Medical Technologist, National Center for Competency Testing, American Registry of Medical Assistant, or National Healthcareer Association , have completed a formal Medical Assistant training program , or completed one clinical semester as a nursing student.
* Professional business appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of the job, the colleague will be required to meet the demands of the following requirements: sit, stand, talk and hear. In addition, the colleague must have the ability to:
* Work up to a12 hour shift
* Sit up to 6-8 hours/day
* Stand up to 4-6 hours/day
* Bend to reach supplies/materials occasionally
* Reach with hands and arms in excess of 20 inches frequently throughout the day
* Reach to elevated supplies/materials, occasionally to heights of 72-75 inches, and regularly to heights of 55-65 inches
* Use a step-stool, as necessary, to reach elevated materials
* Lift materials up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 20 pounds occasionally
* Grasp patient diagnosis tools
* Key information into a computer workstationTake Care Health Systens is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V