Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Engineer - Power Distribution - Morenci, AZ
Job Number: 1300078
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.
We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.
Provide technical advice and guidance for all phases of assigned large/complex engineering projects and programs, ensuring the successful conclusion of all phases within an appropriate time and at appropriate cost.
* Review, investigate, and develop appropriate recommendations regarding assigned engineering projects
* Manage projects and serve as subject matter expert (SME) on large/complex site planning/construction, expansion, or modifications
* Provide guidance and counsel to the site management team on applicable processes, practices, and existing/proposed local, state and federal regulations
* Contribute to site strategic planning and budgeting efforts for designated engineering areas
* Develop and evaluate Appropriation Request (AR) for capital funding
* May evaluate and administer contracts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment
* May represent the site on company sponsored steering committees, task forces, or teams
* Perform other duties as required
Job: Engineering Services