Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
• Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
• Provides technical leadership to a small group of temporarily assigned engineers and technicians.
• Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
• Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Technical Experience:
• Aircraft interiors certification experience (Part 25 and /or 23) experience.
• Generate and / or review formal weight and center of gravity reports for the cabin interior monuments / cabinetry.
• Research FARs and Aircraft manufacturer''s specifications to ensure necessary compliance to regulations.
• Generate Certification Plans, Static Test Plans, Abuse and Component Test Plans for the interior monuments/cabinetry per 14 CFR Part 25 and respective aircraft manufacturer specifications
• Review stress analysis of composite structures and related aircraft support structure using Finite Element Tools and classical hand calculations.
• Review engineering drawings to ensure compliance with requirements applicable to air worthiness regulations and aircraft operational load limits.
• Coordinate and witness/assist in witnessing the Static / Abuse / Component tests, both in-house and/or at an off-site test facility.
• Generate Static Test Reports, Substantiation / Comparative Reports or Compliance Matrices
• Basic CAD skills
• Classical hand calculations
• Literacy in Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to apply what they have learned to solve the issues
• Understand what a part is used for and how they can make it better; Ability to offer suggestions to fix the problem
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor''s degree in Engineering from four-year college or university; and three-to-five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Location Tucson , AZ
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified