Waste Management Billing Clerk I in PHOENIX, Arizona
Title: Billing Clerk I
Location: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Job Number: 18001878
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for compiling data and preparing company invoices and bills in the consolidated billing center.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Processes and generates billing for assigned Market Area’s including all lines of business.
- Creates invoices, transmits file to print vendors, and post billing transactions.
- Compiles, validates and maintains generated revenue reports.
- Creates and mails manual invoices.
- Works with various departments regarding dispute resolution of accounts.
- Researches and resolves customer issues.
- Creates and processes adjustments.
- Processes customer refund request.
- Researches, resolves and manages customer credit balance reports.
- Revenue reporting and month-end system close processing.
- Maintains and reviews bill cycles.
- Reviews and maintains various billing reports.
- Ensures all billing transactions are SOX compliant.
Duties specific to Landfill and Transfer Station billing as required
Daily reconciliation of scale system to MAS and PMT.
- Calculates and keys into MAS manual ticket entries for various landfills related to non Fastlane charges.
- Balances payments interfaced in MAS by WMSC to charges on all COD landfill accounts and research any discrepancies for resolution.
- Daily reviews and approval of Daily Cash Reconciliation Reports from individual landfills for accuracy and SOX compliance.
- Audits in both MAS and Fastlane the set up of new customers and changes to existing customers
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One year of relevant work experience in billing, accounts receivable, other positions in Accounting/Finance field, or one year of prior experience working for Waste Management (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C.Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Must possess basic computer skills in a MS Office/Windows environment, including a proficiency in date entry, ten-key and MS Excel.
- Strong ability to work well with people, under pressure and with stringent time restraints.
- Must have quick problem solving ability.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize work and time.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with coworkers and customers.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Accounting/Audit/Finance