Sirius Computer Solutions Solutions Specialist - Mobile Developer in Phoenix, Arizona
Requisition Number J18-0167
Title Solutions Specialist - Mobile Developer
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today
The primary purpose of this position is to provide software development, application administration, or database administration solutions and support to our clients. This position may also participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation.
The Solutions Specialist – Mobile Developer will develop mobile applications using a variety of the latest tech stacks, including Native (Swift, Objective C, and Android/Java), React Native, and Ionic/Cordova, as well as create VR & AR experiences using Unity, ARKit, and ARCore.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Support the entire mobile app development lifecycle for projects (concept, design, test, release and support)
• Collaborate with other developers, both local and remote, in writing code for mobile apps developed in one of the following methodologies: Native (Swift/Objective C, Java), React Native, Ionic/Cordova
• Integrate apps with backend services, and assist with API design as needed
• Independently write clean, DRY code, and help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
• Participate in brainstorming sessions, and contribute innovative and original ideas during technical architecture
• Work with requirements engineers and design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
• Stay up to date on the latest mobile technology trends and information
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least three (3) years Information Technology work experience, to include at least two (2) years of experience in one or more of the following:
1. Native Development on BOTH platforms (iOS and Android)
2. React Native
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
• Experience collaborating successfully with remote teams on complex projects
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to continually improve and keep pace with mobile technology’s rapid evolution
• Demonstrated knowledge of user interface design trends and best practices for mobile devices
• Familiarity with OOP design principles
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment
• Unity experience
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.